We have prepared this privacy notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website. Please note that this privacy notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the AdRoll website at ManMug.com.
What Data We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
Website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on our website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping cart.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, cookie string data, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (“advertising partners”) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us, such as your "customer ID" with an advertiser or an identifier associated with a hashed (not readable) version of your email address. We may work with these advertising partners to synchronize their unique, anonymous identifiers to our own to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
We use this data to help identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve, and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
Cookies and Related Technologies
Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “__adroll”.
Your Choices and Opting-Out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted-out, you will need to opt-out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt-out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their Your Online Choices website.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt-out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for 14 months, after which time we employ measures to de-identify the data by removing unique identifiers and truncating associated IP addresses.
Identifiable data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative, and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this privacy notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.